- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
- Center the steering wheel.
- Drain the power steering fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
Position the steering gear to the frame. Torque the bolts to 159 ft. lbs. (215 Nm).
- Fill the power steering fluid to the proper level and bleed the system.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks, repair if necessary.
- Road test the vehicle to check that the steering wheel is straight.