- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support vehicle.
Place suitable container under vehicle to catch power steering fluid as it drains
NOTECap or plug fluid lines and port to prevent entry of foreign matter. Contaminated fluid can damage power steering pump and steering gear
- Remove the four bolts securing the under cover and remove the under cover for access to power steering fluid lines between the power steering pump and the steering gear and the reserve tank.
- Remove air conditioner tensioner pulley and bracket.
- Remove air conditioner drive belt.
- Disconnect pressure hose from damping pipe.
Disconnect suction hose No.1 from pipe assembly No.1.
NOTEDisconnecting the fluid lines allows most of the power steering fluid to drain from the power steering pump before disconnecting fluid lines from the power steering pump.
- Remove the nut and disconnect the pressure hose from power steering pump.
- Disconnect suction hose No.1 from the power steering pump.
- Loosen the two bolts attaching power steering pump to relieve tension on drive belt.
- Support the power steering pump and remove two bolts and washers.
- Remove power steering pump, with bracket attached, from vehicle.
- Remove three bolts and bracket from power steering pump.
- Install bracket on power steering pump with three bolts. Tighten the bolts to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Position the pulley on the splined shaft and install nut. Tighten the nut to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Position power steering pump (with bracket installed) on engine and install attaching bolts finger tight.
- Position the belt over the pulley of power steering pump and engine crankshaft pulley.
- Rotate the power steering pump to adjust belt tension and tighten the two attaching bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Install the air conditioner tensioner pulley and bracket.
- Install the air conditioner belt and adjust to proper tension.
- Connect the pressure hose to power steering pump and tighten the retaining nut to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Connect the suction hose No.1 to power steering pump.
- Connect the pressure hose to damping pipe and tighten to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
Connect the suction hose to the No.1 pipe.
WARNINGDo not operate engine before refilling power steering fluid to proper level. Operation of the power steering pump with inadequate fluid will result in damage to the pump.
- Install under cover with the four bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Following proper procedures, bleed air from the system.
- Lower the vehicle.
Connect the negative battery cable.