Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it with safety stands.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Raise the rear axle housing to facilitate removal of the lower arm assembly.
- Loosen the lower arm bolts and remove the lower arm.
- Inspect the lower arm for bends, cracks and/or other damage.
- Inspect the lower arm bushings for wear and/or deterioration.
- Replace if damaged, deformed or cracked; replace bushings if worn or deteriorated.
- Press out the bushing using a standard bearing press.
- Apply lubricant to the bushing and press into place using a standard bearing press.
- Install the lower arm and the bolts. Tighten the bolts to 62 ft. lbs. (84 Nm).
- Lower the rear axle housing.
- Replace the wheels and install the lug bolts. Tighten the bolts to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Remove the safety stands and lower the vehicle.