Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Both rear wheels
Install or connect the following:
Position the spring in the upper and lower saddles
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it with safety stands.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Raise the rear axle housing to facilitate removal of the upper arm assembly.
- Loosen the upper arm bolts and remove the upper arm.
- Inspect the upper arm for bends, cracks and/or other damage.
- Inspect the upper arm bushings for wear and/or deterioration.
- Replace if damaged, deformed or cracked; replace bushings if worn or deteriorated.
- Press out the bushing using a standard bearing press.
- Apply soapy water to the bushing and press into place using a standard bearing press.
- Install the upper trailing arm and the bolts. Tighten the bolts to 62 ft. lbs. (84 Nm).
- Lower the rear axle housing.
- Replace the wheels and install the lug bolts. Tighten the bolts to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Remove the safety stands and lower the vehicle.