Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Both rear wheels
For easier installation, complete one side at a time.
Lower mounting bolt, then the shock absorberLower the floor jack until the coil spring is fully expandedCoil springInspect the upper and lower rubber spring seats and jounce stop for wear or damage, replace if necessary
Install or connect the following:
Position the spring in the upper and lower saddles
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it with safety stands.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Raise the rear axle housing to facilitate removal of the upper arm assembly.
- Loosen the upper arm bolts and remove the upper arm.
- Inspect the upper arm for bends, cracks and/or other damage.
- Inspect the upper arm bushings for wear and/or deterioration.
- Replace if damaged, deformed or cracked; replace bushings if worn or deteriorated.
- Press out the bushing using a standard bearing press.
- Apply soapy water to the bushing and press into place using a standard bearing press.
- Install the upper trailing arm and the bolts. Tighten the bolts to 62 ft. lbs. (84 Nm).
- Lower the rear axle housing.
- Replace the wheels and install the lug bolts. Tighten the bolts to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Remove the safety stands and lower the vehicle.