Never remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high-pressure engine coolant escaping from the radiator.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the radiator cap.
- Raise the vehicle and remove the under cover.
- At the lower left of the radiator, loosen the drain cock and drain the cooling system.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the two retaining nuts from the thermostat housing and remove the thermostat.
- Thoroughly clean the thermostat housing and mating surface. Make certain to remove all gasket material.
- Position the thermostat on the engine with the jiggle pin at the top.
- Install a new gasket onto the housing and install the housing.
- Secure the housing with the retaining nuts and tighten to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Raise the vehicle and tighten the drain cock.
- Install the undercover.
- Lower the vehicle and refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Run the engine until hot and verify proper cooling system operation.