Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Mark the wiper arm and the pivot shaft so that their relative positions will be know during re-installation.
- Remove the rear wiper arm cover and mounting nut. Remove the wiper arm from the pivot shaft.
- Using a trim removal tool, carefully remove the tailgate trim panel.
- Remove the three mounting bolts securing the motor to the tailgate.
- Disconnect the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Remove the wiper motor from the tailgate door.
- Position the wiper motor on the tailgate door and secure with the three mounting bolts. Tighten the mounting bolts to 75 inch lbs. (8.5 Nm).
- Connect the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Reinstall the rear tailgate trim panel.
- Align the marks and place the wiper arm to the pivot shaft. Tighten the mounting nut to 106 inch lbs. ( 12 Nm) and install the nut cover.
Connect the negative battery cable.
NOTEDo not run wiper on a dry window.
Check the wiper arm sweep across the rear window. The wiper arm should stop 3.0 inch from the top left edge of the window. If sweep is not within specifications, remove arm and reposition as necessary.