- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the air duct.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the battery tray.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the intercooler inlet pipe.
- Disconnect the connectors relevant to the transaxle.
- Disconnect the ground earth wire.
Detach the oil cooler hoses.
Using SST (09200-38001), or equivalent, support the engine.
Remove the transaxle mounting bracket (A) bolts.
- Remove the transaxle-to-engine upper bolts.
- Remove the bolts which mount the transaxle to the front sub frame.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the oil drain plug and drain the fluid.
- Support the transaxle with a jack.
- Remove the steering column coupler bolt.
Remove the halfshafts.
- Remove the bolt which mounts the transaxle to the rear sub-frame.
Remove the sub-frame. If it is a 4 wheel drive vehicle (4WD), remove the driveshaft
- Remove the transaxle-to-engine lower bolts.
- Remove the transaxle assembly.
Install the transaxle control cable and adjust as follows:
- Move the shift lever and the transaxle range switch to the "N" position, and install the control cable.
- When connecting the control cable to the transaxle mounting bracket, install the clip until it contacts the control cable.
- Remove any free-play in the control cable by adjusting nut and then check to see that the selector lever moves smoothly.
- Check to see that the control cable has been adjusted correctly.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Filler plug: 21-25 ft. lbs. (29-34 Nm)