Hydraulic System Bleeding
The clutch hydraulic system uses brake fluid to control hydraulic operation. Never reuse brake fluid. Any brake fluid that is removed from the system should be discarded. Also, do not allow any brake fluid to come in contact with a painted surface; it will damage the paint.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- With an assistant in the vehicle, raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Have your assistant pump the clutch pedal three times and hold the pedal to the floor.
- Open the bleeder valve on the clutch slave cylinder until the air is purged from the cylinder.
- Tighten the bleeder valve.
- Have your assistant release the clutch pedal.
- Fill the clutch master cylinder if below minimum.
- Repeat Steps 3 through 6 until no air exits from the bleeder valve.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Fill the clutch master cylinder fluid reservoir.