Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the component.
- Remove the retaining screws.
- Remove the component from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
The idle speed control actuator maintains idle speed according to various engine loads and conditions. This component also provides additional air during startup. It consists of an opening coil, a closing coil and a permanent magnet. According to the control signals from the ECM, the valve rotor rotates to control the bypass air flow into the engine.
- Be sure the ignition is OFF
- Remove the valve from the throttle body. Check the throttle bore, throttle plate and the ISCA passages for chocking and for foreign objects. Repair as required.
- Install the valve.
- Be sure the ignition is ON and the engine is OFF.
- Install the scan tool. Select the -IDLE SPEED ACTUATOR- parameter on the -Actuation Test- mode.
- Activate the valve by pressing the -STAT- key.
Check the valve for a clicking sound and visually verify that the valve opens and closes.
NOTERepeat numerous times to ensure reliability.
- If the component is operating properly, check for poor connection between ECM and component. Correct, as required.
- If not, substitute the sensor with a known good component, check for proper operation. If problem corrected replace the component.