Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the air duct.
- Disconnect the terminals from battery.
- Tag and disconnect any hoses, wires or cables in the way of valve cover removal.
Remove the bolts and lift off the cover. Discard the gasket.
Install the valve cover gasket in the groove of the cylinder head cover.
NOTEBefore installing the valve cover gasket, thoroughly clean the valve cover and the groove. When installing, make sure the valve cover gasket is seated securely in the corners of the recesses with no gap.
NOTEUse liquid gasket, Loctite® No. 5999. Check that the mating surfaces are clean and dry before applying liquid gasket. After assembly, wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
- Install the cylinder head cover. Tighten to 8-10 Nm (6-7 ft. lbs.)
- Reconnect the battery terminals.
- Install the air duct.