- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- The boot band should be replaced with a new one.
- Remove the circlip from driveshaft splines of the transaxle side joint case.
- Using a pliers or flat-tipped screwdriver, remove the both clamps on the transaxle side.
- Pull out the boot from the transaxle side joint.
While dividing joint boot of the transaxle side, wipe the grease from the case.
NOTEBe careful not to damage the boot.
Matchmark the joint according to the accompanying illustration. Put marks (D) on roller of trunion assembly (A), case (B) and spline part (C), for assembly.
Using a pliers or flat-tipped screwdriver, remove the circlip.
- Remove the trunion assembly from the driveshaft using the special tool (09495-33000).
- Clean the trunion assembly.
Remove the boot of the transaxle side joint.
NOTEIf reusing the boot, wrap tape around the driveshaft splines to protect the boot.
- Using a pliers or flat-tipped screwdriver, remove both sides of clamp of the dynamic damper.
- Fix the driveshaft in a soft-jawed a vise.
- Apply soap on the shaft to prevent damage between the shaft spline and the dynamic damper when the dynamic damper is removed.
- Separate the dynamic damper from the shaft carefully.
- Using a pliers or flat-tipped screwdriver, remove the clamp on the side of wheel.
- Pull out the joint (BJ) on the side of the wheel in the transaxle direction. Be careful not to damage the boot.
- Wrap tape around the driveshaft splines to prevent damage to the boots.
- Apply grease to the driveshaft and install the boots.
- Install the clamps to both boots.
To reassemble the dynamic damper (A), keep the shaft (B) in straight, tighten the dynamic damper (A) with dynamic band (C), as illustrated.
- Install the boot bands and boot.
- Install the trunion assembly and the circlip to the spline on the driveshaft.
- At this time align the matchmarks.
- Add the as much specified grease to the joint as was wiped away at inspection.
- Install the boots.
- Tighten the boot bands.
Inspect the CV-boots for tears, leaks, cracks or any other form of damage and replace if necessary.
Check circlip, snap ring and boot bands for breakage or deformation. Replace as necessary.