Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the front end safely.
- Support the lower control arm with a jack.
- Remove the castellated nut and cotter pin from the ball stud. Discard the cotter pin.
- remove the ball joint attaching bolts and lower the arm. Remove the ball joint.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the ball joint attaching bolts to 74-88 ft. lbs. (100-120 Nm). Torque the castellated nut to 147-206 ft. lbs. (200-280 Nm). Use a new cotter pin. Never back off the nut to align the cotter pin holes.