Removal & Installation
The wheel bearings used on this vehicle are a press in design with requires removal of the hub/knuckle assembly. Although the wheel bearings are available separately from the hub assembly, no detailed service procedures are provided by the manufacturer. Refer to instructions provided with the replacement bearings for specific service procedures.
Cleaning & Repacking
This vehicle uses a sealed wheel bearing assembly which does not require any additional lubrication.
- Raise the vehicle.
Inspection the wheel bearing for play as shown.
NOTEIf there is any play, adjust the wheel bearing following the steps outlined below.
- Remove the front wheel and tire.
- Remove the cotter pin.
- Apply the service brake and remove castle nut(B) and washer(C) from the front hub.
Adjust the wheel bearing as follows:
- Retighten the hub bearing nut to 202 ft. lbs. (280 Nm).
- Rotate the hub 3 times enough for secure placement of hub bearing.
- Recheck that the hub bearing nut has been tightened to 202 ft. lbs. (280 Nm).
- Unfasten hub bearing nut until its tightening torque is 0 ft. lbs (0 Nm).
- Retorque the hub bearing nut again to 202 ft. lbs. (280 Nm).
Install the cotter pin.
NOTEIf the cotter pin is not in line with the hole of knuckle unfasten hub bearing nut within 30° and install the cotter pin.
Lower the vehicle to the ground.