- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rear seat cushion frame hinge bolts, and then lift the cushion.
- Remove the service cover under the carpet.
- Disconnect the fuel sender wiring connector.
- Disconnect the suction hose.
- Remove the fuel sender plate mounting bolts.
- Remove the fuel sender assembly.
- Cover or seal the fuel tank until installing the fuel pump assembly.
- Inspect the fuel sender seal for cracks or other signs of damage and replace if necessary.
- Remove the temporary covering or seal that was used to protect the tank.
- Install the fuel sender into the fuel tank and secure with the mounting bolts.
- Connect the suction hose.
- Connect the fuel sender electrical connector.
- Install the service cover and rear seat cushion.
Connect the negative battery cable.