- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Following proper procedures remove the fuel sender assembly from the vehicle.
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between terminals 5 and 6 at each float level. If the resistance value is not as shown in the table, replace the fuel gauge sender.
- Check that the resistance changes smoothly when the float is moved from "E" to "F". If resistance readings do not change as specified, replace the fuel sender as an assembly.
After completing this test, wipe the sender dry and reinstall it in the fuel tank.