- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
Remove the lower crash panel as follows:
- Disconnect the hood release cable from the hood release handle.
- Remove the three retaining screws.
- Carefully pull the panel away from the instrument panel and release the five retaining clips.
- Remove the lower crash pad panel (A).
- Remove the driver side lower air duct.
- Disconnect the connector (A) of mode control actuator.
- Loosen the mounting screws (B) and then remove the mode control actuator (C).
Install in the reverse order of removal.