Pull the parking brake lever with a force of 44 lbs. (20 kg) to fully apply the parking brake. The parking brake lever should be locked within 7-8 clicks. If parking brake does not operate as specified, proceed to the adjustment procedure below.
NOTEBefore attempting to adjust the parking brake cable, ensure the parking brake shoes are properly adjusted.
- Check and if necessary adjust the parking brake shoes.
- Pull the parking brake lever up one click.
- Remove the floor console.
- Raise and properly support the vehicle.
- Tighten the adjusting nut (A) until the parking brakes are dragged slightly when the rear wheels are turned.
- Release the parking brake lever completely, and check if parking brakes are not dragged when the rear wheels are turned. Readjust if necessary.
- Make sure that the parking brakes are fully applied when the parking brake lever is pulled up completely.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Reinstall the floor console.