- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Position the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the two mounting bolts securing the air bag module to the steering wheel and remove the air bag module.
- Remove the steering wheel nut.
Mark the steering wheel and the steering shaft so that their relative positions will be know during re-installation.
WARNINGDo not hammer on the steering wheel; damage to the steering column may occur.
- Using special tool (09561-11002) or an equivalent puller, remove the steering wheel.
- Properly align the steering wheel to the shaft and install the steering wheel.
- Tighten the steering wheel retaining nut to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install the air bag module
Connect the negative battery cable.