Removal & Installation
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
NOTEIf the wiper motor will be reinstalled, mark the wiper arm and the pivot shaft so that their relative positions will be know during re-installation.
- Remove the rear wiper arm cover and mounting nut.
- Remove the wiper arm from the pivot shaft.
- Remove the nut securing the tailgate glass handle to the window and remove the handle.
- From inside the vehicle, carefully remove the trim panel that covers the wiper motor.
- Disconnect the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Remove the three mounting nuts securing the motor to the tailgate.
- Remove the wiper motor from the tailgate door.
- Position the wiper motor on the tailgate door and secure with the three mounting nuts. Tighten the mounting nuts to 10-12 ft. lbs. (14-17 Nm).
- Connect the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Install the wiper motor trim panel.
Install the tailgate glass handle and secure with the retaining nut. Tighten the nut to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
NOTEIf the original wiper motor is being installed, align the wiper arm to the pivot shaft by aligning the index marks made earlier.
- Install the wiper arm onto the pivot shaft. Tighten the retaining nut to 10-12 ft. lbs. (14-17 Nm).
- Install the rear wiper arm cover.
Connect the negative battery cable.
NOTEDo not run wiper on a dry window.
Check the wiper arm sweep across the windshield as shown. If sweep is not within specifications, remove arm and reposition as necessary.