Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the retaining nut cover and the nut securing the wiper arm to the wiper linkage on both sides.
NOTEIf the wiper motor will be reinstalled, mark the wiper arm and the pivot shaft so that their relative positions will be know during re-installation.
- Remove both wiper arms with the blades attached.
- Remove the cowl panel retaining clips and remove the cowl panel.
- Disconnect the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Disconnect the windshield deicer electrical connector.
- Remove the two mounting bolts and the nut securing the motor to the firewall.
- Remove the wiper motor and linkage from the vehicle.
- Position the wiper motor and linkage onto the bulkhead and secure with the two mounting bolts and the nut. Tighten the fasteners to 5-8 ft. lbs. (7-11 Nm).
- Connect the windshield deicer electrical connector.
- Connect the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Install the cowl panel and secure with the retaining clips.
- Install the wiper arms. Tighten the retaining nut to 20-24 ft. lbs. (28-33 Nm).
- Install the retaining nut covers.
Connect the negative battery cable.
NOTEDo not run wiper on a dry window.
Check the wiper arm sweep across the windshield as shown. If sweep is not within specifications, remove arm and reposition as necessary.