Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
Disconnect the battery ground cable..
CAUTIONThe engine appearance cover is equipped with a noise suppressor. If the noise suppressor becomes separated from the engine appearance cover it must be positioned on the intake manifold prior to installing the engine appearance cover.
- Remove the engine appearance cover and the noise suppressor (if detached).
- Remove the cooling fan assembly.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Remove the oil cooler.
- Hold the crankshaft pulley with the special tool 303-D055 or equivalent.
- Remove and discard the bolt and washer.
- Using special tool 303-009 or equivalent, remove the crankshaft damper.
- Apply a bead of silicone gasket and sealant to the crankshaft damper keyway.
- Using the special tool 303-102 or equivalent, install the crankshaft pulley.
Install a new bolt and tighten in 4 stages as follows:
- Step 1: Tighten to 80 Nm (59 lb-ft).
- Step 2: Loosen the bolt 2 complete turns.
- Step 3: Tighten to 50 Nm (37 lb-ft).
- Step 4: Tighten an additional 90 degrees.
- Install the oil cooler.
- Install the accessory drive belt.
- Install the cooling fan assembly.
- Install the noise suppressor (if detached) and the engine appearance cover.
- Connect the battery ground cable.