Removal & Installation
When any new lock cylinder is installed, the luggage compartment lid lock cylinder, the driver door lock cylinder, and ignition lock cylinder should be installed as a set. This eliminates carrying an extra key that fits only 1 lock. If a new key is used, the new key code number is stamped on a metal tag attached to the key.
Individual lock cylinders are repaired by discarding the inoperative cylinder and building a new lock cylinder using the appropriate lock repair package. The lock repair package includes a detailed instruction sheet to build the new lock cylinder to the current key code of the vehicle.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the battery and wait at least 1 minute to allow for depletion of the restraint system back up power supply..
- Remove the steering column cover..
- Remove the inner instrument panel finish panel.
- Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
- Using a small flat-blade screwdriver, press and hold the ignition lock cylinder release button.
- Remove the ignition lock cylinder.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
NOTELubricate the ignition lock cylinder before installation.