Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Master cylinder reservoir cap and check the fluid level in the reservoir
Inspect the rotor braking surfaces for scoring and machine as necessary.
- Using caliper compressor tool 206-026, compress the piston until it is fully seated. Position the notch in the caliper piston up and down to align with the alignment pin on the brake pad
Install or connect the following:
Brake pads in the support bracket
- Pump the brake pedal several times prior to moving the vehicle, to position the brake pads to the rotor.
- Refill the master cylinder reservoir if necessary, using only clean DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid from a closed container.
- Road test the vehicle and check the brake system for proper operation.