Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Partially drain the engine cooling system.
- Remove the cowl panel grille.
- Remove the 7 bolts and the strut tower support brace.
- Remove the 2 degas bottle bolts.
Disconnect the degas return hose from the degas return tube.
NOTEWhen positioning the degas bottle aside, it is necessary to reroute the degas bottle lower hose in front of the brake booster.
- Position the degas bottle aside.
- Remove the 5 bolts and the mounting arm and pivot shaft assembly.
- Position the windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft assembly aside, and loosen the upper windshield wiper motor bolt.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the mounting arm and pivot shaft assembly.
Rotate the wiper output arm to the 6 o'clock position.
NOTETo remove the lower wiper motor bolts, it is necessary to rotate the bottom of the windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft assembly upward.
- Remove the 2 lower bolts and the windshield wiper motor.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.