Removal & Installation
- With the ignition switch OFF , disconnect the battery cables, negative terminal first. Allow 90 seconds to elapse before performing any other work.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- If necessary, remove the front exhaust pipe.
- Disconnect the neutral start switch connector.
- Remove the control shaft shift lever.
- Pry off the washer and remove the nut.
- Remove the bolt and pull out the neutral start switch.
- Install the Park/Neutral switch and loosely install the bolt.
Adjust the switch as follows:
- Loosen the neutral start switch bolt and place the shift lever in the N position.
- Align the groove and the neutral basic line.
- Hold in position and tighten the bolt to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Install the nut and washer.
- Install the control shaft shift lever.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the front exhaust pipe. Torque the front nuts to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm). Torque the pipe support bracket to bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm). Torque the No. 2 front exhaust pipe to the front exhaust pipe bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.
- Verify that the vehicle will only start in the N or P positions.