Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before performing any other work.
If equipped with a Traction Control System (TRAC), perform the following procedure:
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Connect a vinyl tube from a container to the bleeder plug of the TRAC actuator, then loosen the bleeder plug with the ignition in the OFF position.
Tighten the plug when the fluid stops flowing out.
WARNINGThe fluid is under high pressure and could spray out with great force. Use caution when opening the bleeder plug.
- Disconnect the level warning switch connector.
- Remove the fluid from the reservoir, using a suitable syringe.
If equipped with TRAC, remove the hoses from the master cylinder.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the master cylinder.
- Remove the mounting nuts and 2-way union. Remove the master cylinder and gasket from the brake booster.
- Adjust the length of the booster pushrod before installation.
- Install the master cylinder and replace the 2-way union. Tighten the mounting nuts to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Connect the brake lines to the master cylinder and the 2-way union. Tighten the nuts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- If equipped with TRAC, connect the hoses to the master cylinder.
- Connect the level warning switch connector to the master cylinder.
- Reconnect the battery cable.
- Bleed the brake system and, if equipped, bleed the TRAC system.
- Check for leaks. Check and adjust the brake pedal, if needed.