- Run engine at idle speed with a/c on for approx. 10 minutes
- Stop engine
- Disconnect negative (-) terminal cable from battery
- Discharge refrigerant from refrigeration system
Disconnect discharge and suction hoses
Remove the 2 nuts and disconnect the both hoses.
NOTECap the open fittings immediately to keep moisture or dirt out of the system.
- Remove the 2 nuts and disconnect the both hoses.
- Remove drive belt
- Remove engine under cover
- Remove compressor
- Install the compressor with the stay and 3 bolts. Tighten the bolts to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm), and the nuts to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Connect the earth wire harness with the bolts.
- Connect the connector.
- Install engine under cover
Connect discharge and suction hoses to compressor
Connect the both hoses with the 2 nuts. Tighten the 84 inch lbs. (10 nm).
NOTEHose should be connected immediately after the caps have been removed.
NOTELubricate 2 new O-rings with compressor oil and install the hoses.
- Connect the both hoses with the 2 nuts. Tighten the 84 inch lbs. (10 nm).
- Install and check drive belt
- Connect negative (-) terminal cable to battery
Evacuate air from refrigeration system and charge with refrigerant
- Specified amount: 24.69 ± 6.76 oz. (700 ± 50 g)
Inspect for leakage of refrigerant
- Using a gas leak detector, check for leakage of refrigerant. If there is leakage, check the tightening torque at the joints.
- Inspect A/C operation