Lexus LS400 1990-1999
- Remove the V-Bank cover.
Drain the engine coolant.
Remove the radiator cap from the radiator reservoir.
CAUTIONTo avoid the danger of being burned, do not remove the radiator cap while the engine and radiator are still hot, as fluid and steam can be blown out under pressure.
- Remove the water filler plug from the throttle body.
- Remove the 3 drain plugs on the engine and radiator, and drain the coolant.
- Close the 3 drain plugs. Tighten the drain plug to 108 inch lbs. (12.7 Nm).
- Remove the radiator cap from the radiator reservoir.
Refill with engine coolant.
- Slowly fill coolant to the throttle body until it is full.
- Use of improper coolants may damage engine cooling system.
- Use -Toyota Long Life Coolant- or equivalent and mix it with plain water according to the manufacturer-s directions.
Use of the coolant which includes more than 50% (freezing protection down to -31°F (-35°C)) or 60% (freezing protection down to -58°F (-50°C)) of ethylene-glycol is recommended, but not more than 70%.
NOTEDo not use an alcohol type coolant or plain water alone.
NOTEThe coolant should be mixed with plain water (preferably demineralized water or distilled water). Capacity (w/ Heater): 11.6 qts.
- Install the water filler plug to the throttle body. Tighten plug to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Slowly pour coolant into the radiator reservoir until it is -FULL-.
- Install the radiator cap.
- Bleed the cooling system.
- Start the engine, and open the heater water valve.
- Maintain the engine speed at 2,000 - 2,500 rpm, and warm up the engine.
- Stop the engine, and wait until the engine coolant cools down.
- Refill coolant into the reservoir until it is -FULL-.
- Check engine coolant for leaks.
- Check engine coolant specific gravity correctly.
- Reinstall the V-Bank cover.