Removal & Installation
Lexus LS400 1993-1994
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the lower engine cover.
- Remove the lower wind guide.
- Lower the vehicle to a level where the bumper and headlights can be removed.
- Remove the clearance light mounting bolts. Carefully pry and pull the lights until free. Disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the lights.
- Remove the headlight/foglight nut and 3 bolts and pull the assemblies out. Disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the assemblies.
- Remove the 8 upper clips and bumper retainer.
- Disconnect the ambient temperature sensor and remove the wire harness from the bumper.
- Disconnect the 4 turn signal/marker lamp connectors.
- Remove the 4 clips holding the front bumper to the reinforcement.
- Remove the 4 bolts, 4 nuts and 2 retainers securing the bumper to the front fenders.
- Remove the 12 screws securing the bumper to the fender liners.
- Remove the 4 bolts holding the bumper to the body.
- Remove the bumper.
- Remove the 10 bolts and bumper reinforcement.
- Remove the right side horn and disconnect the electrical connector.
- Disconnect the 2 cooling fan electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the cooling fan wires from the clamps.
- Remove the locknut cap. Remove the 3 nuts, then 2 nuts and hood lock support.
- Remove the mounting bolts and cooling fans.
- Install the cooling fans and loosely install the bolts.
- Install the hold lock support, tighten the 3 nuts and install the locknut cap.
- Install the 2 bolts holding the hood lock support to the cooling fans and tighten the shroud bolts.
- Connect the cooling fan electrical connectors and secure the clamps.
- Install the right side horn.
- Install the bumper reinforcement.
- Install the bumper and torque the bumper-to-body bolts to 67 ft. lbs. (91 Nm).
- Connect the turn signal/marker light electrical connectors.
- Install the bumper retainer and clips.
- Connect the ambient temperature sensor and route the electrical lead.
- Install the headlight/foglight assembly.
- Install the clearance lights.
- Install the lower wind guide.
- Install the lower engine cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Lexus LS400 1995-1997
- Disconnect the negative battery cable to the battery.
- Remove the air cleaner inlet.
- Loosen the four nuts holding the fluid coupling to the fan bracket.
- Remove the alternator drive belt by turning the tensioner counterclockwise.
- Remove the four nuts and remove the fan.
- Install the fan to the engine and install the four nuts.
- Install the drive belt.
- Torque the fan bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
- Install the air cleaner inlet.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.