The fuel filter for the LS400 is located under the vehicle on the left side before the rear axle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before performing any other work.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle if necessary.
- On the GS300, remove the rear body protector.
- Place a drain pan or plastic container under the fuel filter.
- Slowly loosen the lower flare nut fitting until all the pressure is relieved and all the fuel is collected.
- Loosen the union bolt on the upper portion of the filter and remove the banjo fitting and two metal gaskets. Discard the gaskets.
- Loosen the fuel filter bracket bolt, remove the fuel line with the flared nut from the filter and pull the filter from the mounting bracket.
- Install a new fuel filter to the vehicle and tighten the bracket bolt.
- Install the banjo fitting with a new metal gasket on each side and install the union bolt. Torque the union bolt to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
Connect the flare nut to the lower connection. Torque the flare nut to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- On the GS300, install the body protector.
- Lower the vehicle if raised.
- Remove the drain pan and/or rags and connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and visually inspect the upper and lower connections for leaks.