- Remove the battery clamp cover.
- Remove the air cleaner inlet.
Remove the V-Bank cover.
- Remove the 2 cap nuts, bolt and V-bank cover.
Warm up the engine.
- Allow the engine to warm up to normal operating temperature.
Connect Lexus hand-held tester or OBDII scan tool.
- Connect the hand-held tester or OBD II scan tool to the DLC3.
- Please refer to the hand-held tester or OBD II scan tool operator-s manual for further details.
Connect the timing light to engine.
- Connect the tester probe of a timing light to the yellow lead wire of the ignition coil connector for No.1 cylinder.
Check the idle speed.
- Race the engine speed at 2,500 rpm for approx. 90 seconds.
- Check the idle speed. Idle speed: 750 ± 50 rpm
Inspect the ignition timing.
- Using special service tool (SST SST 09843-18020), connect terminals TC and E1 of the DLC1.
- Using a timing light, check the ignition timing. Ignition timing: 8 - 12° BTDC @ idle (Transmission in neutral position)
- Remove the SST 09843-18020 from the DLC1.
- Disconnect the timing light from engine.
- Disconnect the Lexus hand-held tester or OBD II scan tool.
- Reinstall V-Bank cover.
- Reinstall air cleaner inlet.
- Reinstall the battery clamp cover.