Removal & Installation
With the ignition switch
, disconnect the negative battery terminal first. Allow 90 seconds to elapse before performing any other work.
CAUTIONThe Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system must be disarmed before removing the ignition switch. Failure to do so may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SIR system repairs and/or personal injury.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Disconnect the wiring connector to the ignition electrical switch.
Remove the screws holding the switch to the ignition lock and remove the switch assembly.
- Install the ignition switch to the steering column and install the three screws.
- Connect the electrical connector to the ignition switch.
- Install the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.