Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel assembly.
- Remove the two retaining bolts from the rear disc brake caliper. Suspend the caliper with a suitable piece of wire so as not to stretch the brake hose.
Matchmark the rotor disc and rear axle shaft.
Remove the two rotor retaining screws from the rotor and remove the rotor.
NOTEIf the rotor disc cannot be removed easily, loosen the parking brake shoe adjuster until the wheel turns freely.
- Install the rotor and torque the mounting screws to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the torque plate and torque the bolts to 77 ft. lbs. (104 Nm).
- Install the caliper. Adjust the parking brake shoes if they were loosened during rotor removal.
- Install the wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.