Removal & Installation
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Remove the fuel injector sight shield on 3.8L engine only.
- Remove the front fender upper diagonal brace.
- Remove the air cleaner intake duct.
- Disengage the locking tab from the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) harness connector.
- Disconnect the EBCM harness connector.
- Remove any dirt/debris from the assembly.
Remove the 6 EBCM to Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) retaining bolt/screws.
NOTEDo not pry apart using a tool. Be careful not to damage BPMV surface. Care must be taken not to damage the solenoid valves when the EBCM is removed from the BPMV.
- Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by gently pulling apart until separated.
- Disconnect the pump motor connector at the bottom of the EBCM.
- Connect the pump motor connector to the bottom of the EBCM.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the 6 EBCM to BPMV retaining bolt/screws and tighten to 26 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Connect the EBCM harness connector.
- Reengage the locking tab to the EBCM harness connector.
- Install the air cleaner intake duct.
- Install the front fender upper diagonal brace.
- Install the fuel injector sight shield on 3.8L engine only.
- Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position, do not start engine.
- Perform the Diagnostic System Check to check for any DTCs.