Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the 14-way electrical connector from the Ignition Control Module (ICM).
- Disconnect the spark plug wires from the coil assemblies. Before removing the wires, note the position of the wires .
- Remove the ICM nuts and remove the ICM from the bracket.
- Remove the ignition coil screws.
- Remove the ignition coils from the ICM.
- Attach the ignition coils to the ICM and tighten to 40 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the ICM to the bracket.
- Install the ICM nuts and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wires to the ignition coils.
- Install the 14-way electrical connector to the ICM.
- Connect the negative battery cable.