Removal & Installation
- On 3.6L, remove the lower radiator air baffle and deflector.
- On all engines, disconnect the oil pressure sensor electrical connector and remove the sensor.
- To install reverse the removal procedure and tighten the sensor to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Inspect the Oil Pressure Sensor connector, check terminal for poor connections, loose wires, bent, broken, or corroded pins, and then verify that the connector is securely fastened.
- Check the continuity between the terminal and body of sensor with an ohmmeter. If there is no continuity, replace the oil pressure sensor.
- If the diaphragm is cracked or there is oil leakage within the sensor, the oil pressure sensor must be replaced.