Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
WARNINGSupport the brake caliper with heavy mechanic's wire, or equivalent, whenever it is separated from its mount and the hydraulic flexible brake hose is still connected. Failure to support the caliper in this manner will cause the flexible brake hose to bear the weight of the caliper, which may cause damage to the brake hose and in turn may cause a brake fluid leak.
- Remove the caliper from the mounting bracket and support the caliper with heavy mechanics wire or equivalent. It is not necessary to disconnect the hydraulic brake flexible hose from the caliper.
Remove the front brake pads.
To ensure that the proper clamp load will be present when installed. It is imperative that the threads on the caliper bracket bolts, as well as the mounting holes in the knuckle, be cleaned of all debris and inspected before proceeding with installation.
- Clean and visually inspect threads of the caliper bracket bolts and mounting holes in the knuckle.
- Apply THREADLOCKER, GM P/N 12345493 (Canadian P/N 10953488) or equivalent, to the threads of the brake caliper bracket bolts.
- Install the caliper bracket with the bracket bolts. Tighten the caliper bracket bolts to 133 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- Install the front brake pads.
- Install the caliper.