All models use sealed wheel bearings that are pre-adjusted. If the bearing needs replacing, replace the rear wheel hub/bearing assembly.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
- Remove the tires and wheels.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Remove the ABS electrical connector from the wheel speed sensor, if equipped.
- Remove the mounting bolts from the rear bearing/hub.
Remove the wheel bearing/hub and the backing plate.
- Install the backing plate and the wheel bearing hub.
- Install the wheel bearing/hub to knuckle bolts. Tighten the bolts to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the ABS electrical connector to the wheel speed sensor, if equipped.
- Install the brake rotor and caliper.
- Install the tires and wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.