- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the front console.
- Release the air blend control cable from the control knob and abutment.
- Detach the air distribution control cable from control knob and abutment.
- Disconnect the multiplugs from all switches.
- Disconnect the illumination multiplug.
Remove the heater controls.
- Remove fan speed switch drive shaft.
- Remove 2 screws securing fan speed switch and remove switch.
- Remove the 5 switches from heater controls.
- Install the switches to heater control housing.
- Install the fan speed switch and secure with screws.
- Install the drive shaft to fan speed switch.
- Install the heater control assembly to vehicle.
- Connect switch and illumination multiplugs.
- Connect air blend control cable to control knob and abutment.
- Connect air distribution control cable to control knob and abutment.
- Install the front console.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Remove louver panel/center fascia assembly, as follows:
- Remove radio cassette player from fascia.
- Carefully release and remove radio DIN socket from louver panel.
- Remove screw cover from radio aperture.
- Remove drink tray assembly.
- Carefully release clock assembly from louver panel.
- Disconnect multiplugs from clock and door locking switch. Remove clock assembly.
- Carefully release switch pack from louver panel.
- Disconnect multiplugs from switches and remove switch pack.
- On models without A/C: Carefully remove blower speed and heater control knobs.
- On models without A/C: Remove 2 screws securing heater control panel graphic plate and remove graphic plate.
- On models without A/C: Remove 4 screws securing heater control panel to louver panel.
- On models with A/C: Carefully release ATC ECU from louver panel, disconnect multiplugs and remove ATC ECU.
- Loosen 2 upper screws and remove 4 remaining screws securing louver panel to fascia.
- Remove louver panel assembly.
- Remove seals from face level vents.
- Release temperature and air distribution cable abutments from heater control housing and disconnect inner cables from controls.
- Disconnect the connectors from switches.
- Disconnect the connector from control illumination.
- Remove the heater control.
Remove the 3 switches from the heater control.
- Fit the switches to heater control housing.
- Position the heater control assembly and attach the connectors to the switches and illumination.
- Connect the heater control cables and secure outer cable abutments to casing.
- Install the louver panel assembly in the reverse of the removal procedure.