Power Door Locks
Removal & Installation
Door Lock Motor
This procedure covers removal and installation of the front door latch. Rear door latch removal is similar.
- Remove the door trim panel, as follows:
- Release cheater panel from front door.
- Disconnect Lucar connectors from tweeter speaker.
Remove cheater panel.
- Remove screw securing door handle escutcheon to door and remove escutcheon.
- Remove 2 screws from door pull.
- Remove 5 screws from door pocket.
- Release 7 trim studs and remove the door trim.
Remove the front door plastic sheet, as follows:
- Remove the door speaker.
- Remove 5 door pocket screw fixings.
- Remove 2 or 3 (as applicable )door handle screw fixings. 04MY: Remove 1 additional screw.
- Remove and discard plastic sheet.
- Release the sill button lock rod from door latch.
- Release the control rod from exterior handle.
- Disconnect the multiplug from latch.
- Remove the 2 screws securing RH glass cable guide and position guide aside.
- Remove the 3 Torx® screws securing the latch to the door.
- On the drivers door, release the door lock barrel paddle from the latch.
Remove the latch from the aperture.
- Open security flap on the latch.
- Release the interior release cable clamp from the latch.
Disengage the interior release cable from the latch.
- Secure the interior release cable to the latch and close the latch security flap.
- Fit the interior release cable clamp to latch.
- Position the latch to the door. On drivers door, align lock barrel paddle to latch.
- Install and tighten Torx screws securing latch to door.
- Position the RH glass cable guide and tighten screws.
- Connect the multiplug to door latch.
- Connect the exterior handle control rod to the latch.
- Fit the sill button lock rod to latch.
- Check operation of the door latch.
Install a new plastic sheet on the door, as follows:
- Clean door contact area with white spirit.
Position NEW plastic sheet to door and seal in position, by applying hand pressure to centre bottom of sheet first then move out from this point in both directions applying an even pressure to the seal, smooth out any creases.
WARNINGMake sure there are no creases are present along the base of the plastic sheet.
- Fit and secure the door handle and pocket fixings.
- Fit the front door speaker.
Install the door trim panel, as follows:
- Fit trim casing to door and secure trim studs.
- Fit screws to door pull and door pocket.
- Fit door release escutcheon and secure with screw.
- Position cheater panel, connect Lucar connectors to tweeter speaker and fit cheater panel.
This procedure covers removal and installation of the front door latch and motor. Rear door latch and motor is removed by a similar procedure.
Remove the door trim panel, as follows:
- Remove 2 screws securing hand rail to door.
- Remove screw securing door handle escutcheon to door.
- Remove escutcheon.
- Remove 4 screws securing pocket to door.
- Carefully release 10 clips securing trim panel to door.
- If equipped, disconnect multiplug from upper door speaker.
- Disconnect multiplug from lower door speaker.
- Remove the door trim panel from door.
Remove front door frame, as follows:
- Carefully release water shedder from door.
- Remove exterior door mirror, as outlined in this section, on front doors.
- Remove the inner waist seal.
- Remove 2 clips securing ends of outer waist seal.
- Remove outer waist seal.
- Remove 2 bolts securing glass to regulator. If necessary, lower glass to access bolts.
- Remove bolts securing frame to door.
- Remove door frame complete with glass.
Slide out and remove glass from frame.
- Release exterior handle control rod from latch.
- Release and disconnect sill button lock rod from latch.
- Disconnect the multiplug from motor.
Remove 3 Torx® screws securing latch and motor assembly to door.
- Remove latch and motor assembly through aperture in the lower section of the door.
Disconnect release cable from latch and remove latch and motor assembly.
- Connect release cable to latch.
- Position the latch and motor assembly to door. Install the Torx® screws securing latch to door and tighten to 5.2 ft. lbs. (7 Nm).
- Connect the multiplug to motor.
- Connect exterior handle control rod to latch.
- Close the latch for access to the adjustment screw located on the outside of the latch.
Adjust the control rod towards the inside of the door and tighten the 4 mm Allen bolt.
NOTEThe latch adjustment screw on the right side rear door is LH thread.
- Connect sill button lock rod to latch.
Install the door frame, as follows:
- Install the glass to the frame.
- Position the frame to door and tighten bolts securing front door frame to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm) and bolts securing the rear door frame to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Secure the regulator to glass with bolts and tighten to 4.4 ft. lbs. (6 Nm).
- Fit the inner and outer waist seal and secure with clips.
- For Front door glass only, install the mirror.
- Install the water shedder to the door.
Install the door trim panel, as follows:
- Position the trim panel to the door and connect door speaker multiplug(s).
- Secure the trim casing to door with clips.
- Install the escutcheon to door handle and secure with screw.
- Install the hand rail to door and secure with screws.
- Install the pocket to door and secure with screws.