Removal & Installation
Motor & Regulator
- Remove the door trim panel, as follows:
- Release cheater panel from front door.
- Disconnect Lucar connectors from tweeter speaker.
Remove cheater panel.
- Remove screw securing door handle escutcheon to door and remove escutcheon.
- Remove 2 screws from door pull.
- Remove 5 screws from door pocket.
- Release 7 trim studs and remove the door trim.
Remove the front door plastic sheet, as follows:
- Remove the door speaker.
- Remove 5 door pocket screw fixings.
- Remove 2 or 3 (as applicable )door handle screw fixings. 04MY: Remove 1 additional screw.
- Remove and discard plastic sheet.
- Lower the window.
- Disconnect multiplug from door glass motor.
- Loosen 2 screws clamping control unit to glass.
- Remove front door glass.
- Release window regulator cable from door clip.
- Remove 5 screws securing control unit to door.
- Swivel aside motor support bracket on rivet.
- Maneuver the motor and control unit out from door aperture.
Remove the blue cable clip from regulator.
- Remove fixing screws from door handle side of new regulator.
- Position motor and control unit to door aperture and maneuver into fitted position.
- Swivel motor support bracket into fitted position.
- Fit and tighten screws securing control unit to door.
- Secure window regulator cable in door clip.
- Fit front door glass.
- Tighten clamps securing control unit to glass, to 7 ft. lbs. (9 Nm).
- Connect multiplug to door glass motor.
- Raise glass, secure cable in blue clip and fit to regulator.
- Cycle window up/down five times to check for correct operation.
Install a new plastic sheet on the door:
- Clean door contact area with white spirit.
Position NEW plastic sheet to door and seal in position, by applying hand pressure to centre bottom of sheet first then move out from this point in both directions applying an even pressure to the seal, smooth out any creases.
WARNINGMake sure there are no creases are present along the base of the plastic sheet.
- Fit and secure the door handle and pocket fixings.
- Fit the front door speaker.
Install the door trim panel, as follows:
- Fit trim casing to door and secure trim studs.
- Fit screws to door pull and door pocket.
- Fit door release escutcheon and secure with screw.
- Position cheater panel, connect Lucar connectors to tweeter speaker and fit cheater panel.
Remove the door trim panel, as follows:
- Remove the 2 screws securing hand rail to door.
- Remove screw securing door handle escutcheon to door.
- Remove the escutcheon.
- Remove the 4 screws securing the pocket to door.
- Carefully release the 10 clips securing trim panel to door.
- If equipped, detach the connector from the upper door speaker.
- Detach the connector from the lower door speaker.
- Remove the door trim panel from door.
- Carefully release the water shedder from door.
- Lower the glass and remove 2 bolts securing door glass to regulator.
- Raise glass and secure with a suitable wedge.
- Detach the connector from the glass lift motor.
- For the front door: Remove 6 bolts securing the glass regulator assembly to the door.
For the rear door: Remove 4 bolts securing the glass regulator assembly to the door.
Maneuver the regulator through access hole at bottom of the door.
- Remove the 3 Torx® screws securing glass lift motor to regulator and remove motor.
- Clean mating faces of regulator and motor.
- Fit glass lift motor to regulator and tighten 3 Torx® screws to 3.7 ft. lbs. (5 Nm).
- Position regulator in door. Fit bolts securing regulator to door and tighten to 4.4 ft. lbs. (6 Nm).
- Attach the connector to the glass lift motor.
- Remove wedge holding glass and position glass to regulator.
- Secure the glass to regulator with bolts and tighten to 4.4 ft. lbs. (6 Nm).
- Fit water shedder to door.
Install the door trim panel, as follows:
- Position the trim panel to the door and connect door speaker multiplug(s).
- Secure the trim casing to door with clips.
- Install the escutcheon to door handle and secure with screw.
- Install the hand rail to door and secure with screws.
- Install the pocket to door and secure with screws.