Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
WARNINGThe accelerated cornering enhancement (ACE) hydraulic system is extremely sensitive to any ingress of dirt and debris. The smallest amount could render the system unserviceable. It is imperative that the following precautions are taken:
ACE components are thoroughly cleaned externally before any work begins.
- Raise vehicle on ramp.
- Remove right side road wheel.
- Thoroughly clean ACE actuator and all connecting components.
- Position container to collect fluid spillage.
Remove cap nuts securing fluid pipes to actuator. Disconnect pipes and discard sealing washers.
CAUTIONAlways fit plugs to open connections to prevent contamination.
- Remove 2 nuts securing anti-roll bar links to axle. Detach links from axle.
- With assistance, remove 2 bolts and remove both clamp plates from torsion bar.
- Remove mounting rubbers from torsion bar.
Remove torsion bar and actuator assembly.
CAUTIONWhile torsion bar is removed from vehicle, it must be stored without any load on anti-roll bar links, or ball joints and/or link rods could be damaged.
- Use LRT-60-009 to remove nut securing ACE actuator to long arm.
Remove nut and bolt securing ACE actuator to short arm and remove actuator.
CAUTIONShort arm and torsion bar are supplied as an assembly and must not be separated.
- Position ACE actuator to torsion bar. Use LRT-60-099 to tighten ACE actuator-to-long arm nut to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm). Tighten actuator-to-short arm nut and bolt to 133 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- Ensure torsion bar mounting rubber mating faces are clean and free from damage, then fit to torsion bar.
- With assistance, position torsion bar and ACE actuator assembly to vehicle. Fit clamp plates and tighten bolts to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Ensure washer is in place on lower ball joint of each anti-roll bar link, then connect lower ball joint to axle and tighten nuts to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Connect pipes to actuator with cap nuts and new sealing washers. Tighten cap nuts to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm). Ensure pipes are not under any tension or kinked.
- Use TestBook to properly bleed ACE hydraulic system.
- Fit right side road wheel and tighten nuts to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Lower vehicle from ramp.