Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support rear of vehicle, supporting vehicle under chassis.
Do not work on or under a vehicle supported only by a jack. Always use safety stands.
- Remove rear road wheels.
- Support weight of rear axle on a jack.
- Remove bolt, on each side, securing each shock absorber to axle.
Ensure axle cannot move when shock absorber is disconnected. Shock absorbers limit downward motion of the axle. If axle is not restrained, disconnecting shock absorber will allow unrestricted movement which may cause personal injury or damage to vehicle or equipment.
- Remove clip securing brake pipe to bracket.
- Release ABS sensor lead from bracket.
- Lower axle on jack and remove coil spring.
- Clean coil spring seats.
- Position coil springs in vehicle, with close coil at the top end.
- Ensure the spring is correctly located on the spring seats and raise the axle. Install and tighten the shock absorber-to-axle bolt to 91 ft. lbs. (124 Nm).
- Fit clip to secure brake pipe to bracket.
- Fit ABS sensor lead to bracket.
- Install road wheels and tighten nuts to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Remove safety stands and jack and lower vehicle.