Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support rear of vehicle, supporting vehicle under chassis.
- Remove rear road wheels.
- Support weight of rear axle on a jack.
- Remove bolt, on each side, securing each shock absorber to axle.
- Remove clip securing brake pipe to bracket.
- Release ABS sensor lead from bracket.
- Lower axle on jack and remove coil spring.
- Clean coil spring seats.
- Position coil springs in vehicle, with close coil at the top end.
- Ensure the spring is correctly located on the spring seats and raise the axle. Install and tighten the shock absorber-to-axle bolt to 91 ft. lbs. (124 Nm).
- Fit clip to secure brake pipe to bracket.
- Fit ABS sensor lead to bracket.
- Install road wheels and tighten nuts to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Remove safety stands and jack and lower vehicle.