Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rear wiper arm.
- Remove the tail door plastic sheet.
- Remove spindle nut and flat washer and discard rubber seal.
- Disconnect the multiplug from rear wiper motor.
- Remove the 2 bolts securing wiper motor to tail door.
- Remove the wiper motor from the vehicle.
If further disassembly is required, perform the following:
- Remove and discard spindle sealing washer.
- Remove motor water shield.
- Remove 3 bolts securing mounting plate to wiper motor.
- Release multiplug and remove mounting plate.
- Position the mounting plate, tighten bolts and secure the multiplug.
- Install the motor water shield and new sealing washer to spindle.
- Install the wiper motor and tighten the bolts to 3.5 ft. lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the multiplug to rear wiper motor.
- Install a NEW rubber seal on the wiper motor spindle.
- Install the flat washer and tighten the spindle nut to 3.5 ft. lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the tail door plastic sheet.
- Install the rear wiper arm.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the spare wheel from tailgate door.
- Remove the tail gate trim panel:
- Remove tail gate water shedder.
- Disconnect the washer tube
- Lift the nut cover, remove the nut and remove the wiper arm.
- Remove the spindle nut and flat washer, then discard the rubber seal.
- Disconnect tail gate harness connector from the wiper motor.
Unfasten the 2 bolts securing wiper motor to the tail gate and remove the wiper motor.
- Position wiper motor to the door and secure with bolts.
- Connect the tail door harness connector to the wiper motor.
- Install the rubber seal, flat washer and spindle nut. Tighten spindle nut to 2.2 ft. lbs. (3 Nm).
- Position the wiper arm to tail door and connect washer tube.
- Tighten wiper arm nut to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm) and install the nut cover.
- Install the tail gate door water shedder.
Install the tail gate trim:
- Install the trim casing to tail door and secure with clips.
- Install the escutcheon to door handle and secure with screw.
- Install the hand rail to tail door and secure with bolts tightened to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- If equipped, install the speaker.
- Install the spare tire.
- Remove wiper arm nut cover and remove the nut.
- Remove the wiper arm from the motor spindle.
- Remove the motor spindle cover, retaining nut and seal.
- Open the tailgate.
- Remove the 6 screws securing the wiper motor cover.
- Disconnect motor multiplug.
- Remove the 2 bolts securing motor, then remove the motor.
- Remove the 4 bolts securing the mounting plate to the motor.
- Release the multiplug holder. Remove mounting plate.
- Remove sealing rubber from motor spindle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.