The Electronic Voltage Regulator (EVR) is not a separate component. It is actually a voltage regulating circuit located within the Power train Control Module (PCM). The EVR is not serviced separately. If replacement is necessary, the PCM must be replaced.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before performing any other work.
- Remove the alternator assembly from the vehicle.
Remove the voltage regulator from the alternator assembly as follows:
Install the voltage regulator onto the alternator assembly as follows:
Place the voltage regulator and brush holder on the rectifier end frame.
NOTEBe careful of the holder installation direction.
- Install the 5 screws and torque to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Place the brush holder cover on the brush holder.
- Install the end cover and plate terminal with the bolt and 3 nuts. Torque the nuts to 39 inch lbs. (4.4 Nm) and torque the bolt to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Install the terminal insulator with the nut and torque the nut to 58 inch lbs. (6.5 Nm).
- Check that the rotor rotates smoothly.
- Place the voltage regulator and brush holder on the rectifier end frame.
- Install the alternator assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.