Hydraulic System Bleeding
If any work is performed on the clutch system or if air in the clutch lines is suspected, bleed air from the brake system.
Wash off clutch fluid immediately if it comes in contact with any painted surface.
Remove the bleeder plug cap.
- Connect a vinyl tube to the bleeder plug.
- Depress the clutch pedal several times, and then loosen the bleeder plug with the pedal depressed.
- When fluid no longer comes out, tighten the bleeder plug, and then release the clutch pedal.
- Repeat the previous 2 steps until all the air in the fluid is completely bled.
- Tighten the bleeder plug to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the bleeder plug cap.
- Check that all the air has been bled from the clutch line.
- Check fluid level in reservoir.