The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor is located on the top front area of the engine.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before performing any other work.
- To access the ECT sensor, it may be necessary to remove the intake manifold, throttle body assembly, or only the intake air connector pipe.
- Disconnect the ECT sensor connector.
- Using a deep socket, remove the sensor from the top of the engine.
- Remove the gasket from the sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the ECT sensor to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
3.7L & 4.7L Engines
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor on the 3.7L engine is installed into a water jacket at front of intake manifold near rear of generator. The ECT sensor is located near the front of the intake manifold.
- Partially drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor from the intake manifold.
- Apply thread sealant to sensor threads.
- Install sensor to engine.
- Tighten sensor to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Connect electrical connector to sensor.
- Replace any lost engine coolant.