Antenna Diagnosis & Testing
Connect the positive (+) lead from the battery to terminal 2 and the negative (-) lead to terminal 5.
NOTEThese tests must be done quickly (within 3 - 5 seconds) to prevent the coil from burning out.
Check that the motor turns (moves upward).
- Then, reverse the polarity, check that the motor turns the opposite way (moves downward).
Inspect the antenna motor control relay circuit by disconnecting the connector from the relay and inspect the connector on wire harness side, as shown in the chart.
Removal & Installation
The LS 400 model comes equipped with an automatic antenna which extends automatically when the radio and ignition are turned on and retracts when either is turned off.
The other LEXUS models covered come equipped with a window glass antenna (an antenna printed on the rear glass), but do not utilize an antenna motor.LS 400
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait 90 seconds before doing any further work while the airbag system de-energizes.
- Remove the antenna nut.
- Remove the left rear side cover.
- Disconnect the motor antenna connector and the antenna cord.
- Remove the nut and the motor antenna assembly.
- Place antenna motor into proper installed position and install the antenna nut.
- Connect the motor antenna connector and the antenna cord.
- Install the nut.
- Install the left rear side cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.