Removal & Installation
The combination fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator is remotely mounted to the vehicle body, above the rear axle and near the front of the fuel tank.
- Disconnect negative battery cable at battery.
- Raise vehicle.
- Clean area around 3 filter/regulator fittings.
- Disconnect fuel supply, fuel return and fuel pressure lines at filter/regulator
Remove 2 mounting bolts and remove filter/regulator.
- Before installing filter/regulator, be sure all fittings are cleaned of all dirt and contaminants.
- Be sure O-ring is positioned into fuel return fitting in filter/regulator.
- Apply a small amount of clean engine oil to O-rings.
- Position filter/regulator to body and install 2 bolts. Tighten bolts.
- Connect 3 fittings.
- Connect negative battery cable to battery.
- Start engine and check for leaks.