- Evacuate the refrigerant system.
- A manifold gauge set and an R-134a refrigerant recovery/recycling/charging station that meets SAE standard J2210 should be connected to the refrigerant system.
- Measure the proper amount of refrigerant and heat it to 52° C (125° F) with the charging station. See the operating instructions supplied by the equipment manufacturer for proper use of this equipment.
- Open both the suction and discharge valves, then open the charge valve to allow the heated refrigerant to flow into the system.
- When the transfer of refrigerant has stopped, close both the suction and discharge valves.
- If all of the refrigerant charge did not transfer from the dispensing device, open all of the windows in the vehicle and set the heating-A/C system controls so that the A/C compressor is engaged and the blower motor is operating at its lowest speed setting. Run the engine at a steady high idle (about 1400 rpm). If the A/C compressor does not engage, test the compressor clutch control circuit and repair as required.
Open the low-side valve to allow the remaining refrigerant to transfer to the refrigerant system.
WARNINGTake care not to open the discharge (high pressure) valve at this time. Failure to follow this warning could result in possible personal injury or death.
- Disconnect the charging station and manifold gauge set from the refrigerant system service ports.
- Reinstall the caps onto the refrigerant system service ports.
After all refrigerant system leaks have been repaired and the refrigerant system has been evacuated, a refrigerant charge can be injected into the system. For the proper amount of the refrigerant charge, refer to the under hood HVAC Specification Label.
A R-134a refrigerant recovery/recycling/charging station that meets SAE Standard J2210 must be used to charge the refrigerant system with R-134a refrigerant. Refer to the operating instructions supplied by the equipment manufacturer for proper care and use of this equipment.
- Using a vacuum pump, perform vacuum purging.
- Using SST 07110-58060 (07117-58060, 07117-58070, 07117-58080, 07117-58090, 07117-78050, 07117-88060, 07117-88070, 07117-88080), charge refrigerant HFC-134a (R134a).
Standard charging capacity is as follows:
CAUTIONDo not start the engine before charging with refrigerant as the cooler compressor doesn-t work properly without refrigerant, causing the compressor to overheat.
ES 300 and ES 330-17.61-21.13 oz. (500-600g)
- Warm up the engine at less than 2,000 rpm for 2 minutes or more after charging refrigerant.